Powered by Blogger.

March Favorites

By Sunday, April 03, 2016



New business cards, an amazing foundation with SPF, the most fabulous white & gold purse, and planning a trip to Cuba...here's everything I've loved and been doing in March!

Beauty & Fashion
Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation
This foundation is amazing. Not only does it feel like you you're wearing nothing, it also applies beautifully and has SPF 15. Total win.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor
These are some of the most comfortable long-lasting liquid lipsticks I've ever tried. The formula is super creamy and the bright colors are perfect for spring/summer.

Rebecca Minkoff Avery Crossbody Bag
White leather + gold hardware = love at first sight.

Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Foundation in Shade 4.5

Bag: Rebecca Minkoff | Lipcolor: Revlon Ultra HD Matte in Flirtation | Sunglasses: Westward Leaning


Learning
B-School by Marie Forleo
To gain more expertise in business and marketing as prep for the launch of Lovelyloot, the beauty app I'm creating, I've enrolled in B-School. It's basically an 8-week crash course geared toward online businesses and entrepreneurs, with an incredible community of professionals from all over the world to connect with. I'm halfway through the program and learning so much that I can't wait to implement!

Work
Moo Business Cards
So excited to finally get business cards for Lovelyloot...especially when they're designed by C. and are gorgeously thick cards with gold foil and spot UV printing from Moo.

Weave: curated professional networking
To shake up my normal work-from-home schedule, I've been using Weave's new automated networking service to meet other founders, marketing professionals, and product managers each week in San Francisco. It's pretty amazing, actually ... you say "yes, I want a meeting this week" on Sunday, they match you up with someone based on your LinkedIn profile and schedule availability by Wednesday, and tell you who and exactly where you'll meet on Friday.

Home / Lifestyle
When my sister Amanda lived with us in 2014, she transformed our extra bedroom, which until then had been functioning as storage for C's hockey equipment, into a cute and livable space.

(Check out Amanda's original post – including how to make the DIY chandelier pictured below – on her home decor blog AmandaKatherine.com.)

After she moved out, Mugsy the Pug must have missed her tremendously as he did a little destruction in the room, forcing us to redecorate a bit...

It's pretty amazing how changing out the rug, ottoman, and throw pillows gave the space an entirely new look. It's now bright, light, and ready for guests!

Before

After
Rug and Futon: Overstock | Ottoman and Throw Pillows: Target | Bookcase and Baskets: Ikea 

Reading / Travel
"Cuba Diaries: An American Housewife in Havana" by Isadora Tattlin
My lifelong dream to visit Cuba will be coming true in just a couple months when I travel there with my best friend S.

During college, I went on Semester at Sea in the fall of 2004. Cuba was scheduled to be our last port before returning home to the U.S., but regulations changed at the last minute due to it being an election year and we went to Venezuela instead. I've been trying to make a trip to Cuba happen ever since...

This book was published in 2003 (which was probably when I first purchased and read it) and the author writes about living there with her husband, a European businessman, and two young children in the mid-1990's. However, even recent travelers say Havana is not that different from what she describes, and I'm thoroughly enjoying re-reading it and planning for our trip.

If you have other recommended reads or travel tips for Cuba, I'd love to hear them!

3 comments

  1. Sounds like you've had an amazing month!! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in Cuba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted a Rebecca Minkoff bag like that for forever!!! I didn't know Giorgio Armani made cosmetics. I'm almost out of foundation so I might have to try that one. Do you use a brush to apply it? The room update looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this if it is true, the White leather + gold hardware = love at first sight. Really, I think I wanna have it this Holiday Season. You are so really expert in terms of beauty and cosmetics. Of course you did because you have the beauty company and you have that apps you're promoted here. I wish in the next post, you will have post about beauty tutorials. Thank you so much for sharing here. Anyway, your sister is amazing in arranging your home. For more home essential needs, visit https://www.boutiqueken.com/cat/home.

    ReplyDelete