Powered by Blogger.

& Other Stories: New NYC Store Review

By Friday, October 24, 2014

Those who know me well are aware of my magazine obsession, particularly with British titles like Red and Marie Claire UK. [Note: For the best place in Oakland to get magazines from around the world, along with amazing customer service, you must go to Issues. They hold copies of my favorites and will call to let me know when they've arrived, and always give Mugsy the Pug a treat.]

Not only do I love British magazines' point of view, European style is just fascinating. One brand that I've noticed being featured more regularly, particularly for accessories, has been the H&M-backed & Other Stories. So when I heard that their first US store was opening this fall in New York, I couldn't wait to check it out. Conveniently, I was just on the East Coast last week as my rowing team competed at the legendary Head of the Charles Regatta in Boston. Afterwards, I made my way to NYC to catch up with friends...and do a little shopping, of course!


Located at 575 Broadway in Soho, & Other Stories carries a wide range of clothing, shoes, bags, and accessories by several designers, along with their own line of beauty products. It's a nice open plan store that didn't mind my friend, S., and I lounging on their furniture and discussing love, life, and love lives for quite some time after we tired of browsing all the products.

To be honest, the clothing really wasn't my style, but I did love the accessories, bags, and beauty products. These feathered gloves ($75) and fringed clutch ($85) were definitely ones I lingered over (and added to my wish list on Pinterest)!

 

While I couldn't justify either one of those at the moment, the jewelry was pretty well priced and I ended up purchasing this pair of edgy gold ear jackets ($29; not available online). [Note: I just discovered the term "ear jacket" -- earrings where the back is the largest/decorative part. Who knew!]



Their beauty products were fun to browse as well, with some unique scents for body scrubs, lotions, soap, and scents. The Punk Bouquet, described as "frothy vanilla soda on a rebellious rose bouquet" was my favorite; I bought the body mist ($20) and have been loving it.



The nail polish bar was huge and the range of colors was amazing. I chose the shade Damask Rosé, a textured metallic rose gold ($9; not available online), that painted on extremely well and is a flattering fabulous neutral shade. 



So, while & Other Stories won't be the first place I stop next time I'm in NYC (I'd rather hit up Piperlime) I would definitely stop back in to check out what's new in accessories and beauty. 

Have you ever shopped at & Other Stories? What are your favorite items? Anything going on your Christmas wish list?

2 comments

  1. How did I not know you had a blog?!?! Very cool! And I love the title of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete